Improved safety and durability for loading bays
In the industrial door industry, the loading bay is a highly specific product both for its complex structure and for the performance and safety requirements it has to satisfy.
The different components of a loading bay must be perfectly harmonised to ensure maximum efficiency and optimum response to design needs: from dock levellers to dock shelters, sectional doors and safety accessories, every element must be manufactured in consideration of its final use, need for weather shielding, wear prevention and compliance with specific operator safety standards.
CAMPISA carefully designs and manufactures every single component of the loading bay to ensure that it is not only durable but also safe, easy to install and use and, most of all, innovative.
What’s the difference between a traditional dock leveller and a safe, durable Campisa dock leveller?
- Forklift wear- and rust-resistant coating
- Wind-proof ramp-to-dock joint which prevents forklift wheel cutting
- Lateral automatic ramp width reduction flaps
- Anchored prefabricated pit sides, resistant to damage from dragged pallets with protruding nails
Dock shelters, to ensure they offer maximum weather protection and to minimise energy loss from the plant, must be durable and prevent damage deriving from vehicle manoeuvres:
- Retractable to prevent damage from accidental lorry manoeuvres
- Rooftop water drainage channel
- 700 mm depth to prevent pinching between vehicle and bumper
- Bright interior
The CAMPISA range also includes a hydraulic-powered sectional door. An exclusive Campisa patent – FIDELITY® – designed to make door lifting safer and to optimise installation times. The Fidelity® hydraulic power system is simple, safe and effective, requires minimal maintenance and is suitable for doors up to 8.5 m wide, 6.5 m tall and with a leaf weight of 730 kg, reducing installation time by 30% and virtually eliminating the need for maintenance.
Watch the video below showing how quickly a Fidelity sectional door is installed
Project Assistant Service:
For the best results, collaboration between manufacturer and designer is essential, as it is during the design phase of an industrial/commercial building that the most important specifications are laid out. The Campisa Project Assistant Service examines the design layout of a structure to be used for loading bays in order to immediately identify any potential operational improvements and project savings.
The customer-focused Project Assistant staff provides the service via the following steps:
- Layout review with functional validation of the various solutions and any proposed alternatives.
- Review of proposed equipment and any integrations in terms of safety and financial benefit.
- Regulatory analysis.And in many cases it has become a vital aspect of the project, helping to identify more cost-effective solutions and improving loading bay performanceby more than 65%.
- This service enables Campisa to guide its customers towards the perfect solution, avoiding any unwanted surprises during project execution and/or final use of the equipment.