Loading bays: a CAMPISA specialty for forty years
CAMPISA manufactures Loading Bay Equipment since 1972, and is aware of innovations and national and international patents that allowed its Customers to obtain operational savings, to speed-up services, reduce the costs of the goods, reduce the risks for the operators and offer energy savings.
Basic elements of the Loading Bays are the Dock Levellers, the Sectional Overhead Doors and the Dock Shelters.
The Dock Levellers are steel platforms that connect the dock of the building to the vehicle truck-bed which allows the fork lifts to pass over the platforms enabling them to load goods.
The electro-hydraulic motorization is the safest and most reliable method for carrying out this procedure.
The Swivelling lip Dock Levellers (left) are more economic, the vehicle docks to the loading bay and contacts the bumper, the leveller is raised, the lip is opened and laid onto the truck-bed, and loading procedure starts.
The Telescopic Dock Levellers (right) have extending lips and overlap the truck-bed to suit special loading requirements; they are indispensable for the "Deep Cold Bays".
Dock Levellers are supplied in several versions, for the different building systems of the pits.
The best system is the prefabrication, that gives sure, rapid, economic results, avoiding mistakes.
The electro-hydraulic powering of the levellers can be with 400 V threephased 50 Hz powerpack, below leveller or into a multifunction external Consolle.
The multifunction 230 V single-phased 50 Hz Consolle is a system installed on tenth of thousands of Dock Levellers and Fidelity Sectional Overhead Doors.
It has an electro-hydraulic motor actioning one Leveller and one Sectional Door or two Levellers and two Sectional Doors, or mixed (when different combination)
The Swivelling Lip Leveller has a single button command, that lifts, extend the lip and lowers the leveller when left.
The Telescopic Lip Leveller has separated commands for lifting and extending the lip and can also have the option of the automatic return to rest position.
IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS OF THE DOCK LEVELLERS
- for Swivelling lip levellers the self-cleaning lip that reduces the normally present dock debris, pallet pieces, nails, screws and bolts etc;
- automatic side flaps for the reduction of the width of the lip, for narrow truck beds, automatically closing when the lip is extended and touches the sides of the van;
- connection between dock and leveller wihout cutting points of the fork lift wheels: the Campisa patented system has a rounded connection, does no matter what is the leveller inclination;
- leveller width as much wide as the truck bed (EN 1398 point 184.108.40.206.). The standard widths are 2000 and 2200 mm;
- such length as to remain within the working slopes that the fork lifts can climb (normally 8% and 4%);
- galvanized finishing in case of use in damp places, and where intensive wash downs are carried out;
- carrying capacity (concentrated on fork lift, as per Norm EN 1398) standardized at 6000 and 9000 kg (special).